Hi Emily thanks for contacting Rescue Digital Media.
Try the following solutions, I hope this will fix your issue of SD card showing 0 bytes space.
First of all re-insert the SD card back to camera and then connect your camera to computer via USB cable that comes along with your camera. Now see, if your SD card displays any content. If it displays the content then simply copy and paste them on your computer.
If that fails, then pull out the SD card from the camera and then connect it to another computer via card reader.
If that also fails, then run CMD command to fix the issue and recover files from SD card showing 0 bytes space issue. Here follow the steps:
- Connect your 0 bytes SD card to PC.
- On PC click Start and press Windows+R key.
- It will open RUN box, in that type CMD and hit ENTER.
- It will open a new command prompt window.
- Now type the following command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.* and press ENTER.
Note: Here you have to replace “f” drive with your SD card drive letter name.
After the completion of the process, you can check the files on your SD card.